View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 05:05 PM
goofygirl2u

Default Crazy Eight pattern question

I am so frustrated. I took the Crazy Eight Strip Teaser table topper class today and the teacher incorrectly marked the "cut" lines on my ruler. Of course, I didn't realize this until ALL my triangles were cut and it came time to sew them together because they would not match correctly. We tried several ways to get them to work. I trimmed them more after we found the mistake thinking "no problem they will just be smaller", but that didn't help and made them worse. I finally gave up and made new strip sets and only cut the triangles from one set....after we fixed the error on the ruler. However, I was still leary to proceed. Class ended and I came home disappointed because after hours of sewing I have nothing to show for it.

I REALLY want to finish this as it as done in blue and green batiks and the triangles I made are really pretty.

Sooooo my question is can anyone who has used this pattern explain the correct way to mark the "cut" lines on the ruler? I have re-read the entire pattern and studied the picture showing ruler marks but I can't tell if I use a 12 1/2" side and non-12 1/2" side or the two non 12 1/2" sides. I KNOW it's not both 12 1/2" sides as that is where the screwup was. If you can pm me a pic that would be great, too as I am a visual learner.

Sorry to be long-winded but I had to get this off my chest. Oh, and good thing I bought extra fabric.

Thanks,
Becky

Last edited by goofygirl2u; 06-09-2012 at 05:10 PM.