View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 04:31 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I think being organized 'once and for all' would only work if one never ever bought any new items to join the party.

So - when organizing/stashing/filing - I think it's good to leave a little wiggle room for possible new additions.

Another way of stowing things might be by 'frequency of use' - the items one uses often would be kept really handy - and the ones that one vaguely remembers having and were last used ten years ago - could be stashed in clear boxes 'up high' on the shelves.

I don't have a particularly 'good' system, either - and I'm gradually learning that 'more' is not always 'better'

I was just thinking that this morning. I use to do all my sewing on the kitchen table. Made all my clothes, my kids clothes, did sewing for other people, made dolls, And started quilting with a book, cardboard, scissors, pencil, and fabric. Not that I would want to go back to that but it sure was easier to store..
As far as not buying anything new. Well I don't buy too much but I did just buy a French Curve and a one of those wheels that tell you percentages to make things bigger or smaller. (which I already don't know what I did with.. the wheel) LOL

I think the Frequency of use is a good idea.. And goodness knows I have plenty of shelves in the closet.Just need to rearrange things a little.