View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 05:09 AM
kyrose

Default Organizers

Check out other places for neat ways to organize your stuff such as Walmart hardware dept. The large flat clear box I have contains small boxes that allows me to organize my machine feet. Each one in it own box by foot number. This came from Walmart's Hardware dept. I have a matching tool box that I use to carry what I need to the Guild sewing events. Both are purple and white and were Christmas presents. Hey they asked me what I wanted. Lowes and Harbor Freight are also a couple of sources. I use the plastic shoe boxes from the Dollar General to sort my smaller pieces of fabric by color. And I use the boxes to keep projects together.

For my collection of buttons (I also have my mother's) I use small cute jars and sort by size. You can spray paint the tops to match you sewing room or cover them with bits of fabric.

To organize my magazines, I use organizers from the stationery dept. You can make these from cereal boxes. To organize small books and mags I make organizers from pancake mix boxes. I cut them to look like the mag organiers and use spray glue and wallpaper to cover them. I found a wooden file cabinet at Goodwill for $9 to keep papers and patterns I got off the net.

And to top it off, I plan to make the wall organizer I saw on an eralier post of this thread. This would be great hanging over my machine.