View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:24 AM
May in Jersey

Welcome Peggy from New Jersey. Wish you had posted sooner as we just returned from Las Vegas, granddaughter had her wedding at Caesar's. Wedding ceremony was in the beautiful Classico Chapel and reception in Joe's Seafood Restaurant. Had several quilt shops on my To Do list but only found one, The Christmas Goose on S. Durango. Very nice shop with a good array of different styles of fabrics, prices were a bit lower than here. Shop was quite busy as they were have a Fat Quarter special while I was there and I also I picked up a great book.

My stay in Vegas wasn't too great as my head and nasal passages were so dry and irritated. I must have been allergic to the dry air and pollen, especially in our hotel room whose windows were sealed shut. Had to spend most of the time outdoors in 100+ temps with ac on in car. Of course Ceaser's is fully cooled and the air cleaned so I felt pretty good there. Went looking for a humidifier to add some moisture to the hotel room but only found air cleaners, think I should have bought one because I think that would have helped a lot. This did put a bit of a damper on the celebration but we did enjoy ourselves. Next granddaughter to marry lives near San Francisco where we've been many times so I don't think I'll have a problem there. Enjoy this message board, lots of good info and friendly quilters. May in Jersey

Last edited by May in Jersey; 06-10-2012 at 07:37 AM.