View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 AM
grandmasieg

Default Check your local quilt shop!

I bought my Go at Joann's when it was on sale at Christmas time. I have the 8 inch square die, the 8 inch rag square die, the six inch square die, the 2 inch strip cut die and the die set it came with. I love it! I've made rag quilts using the 8 inch rag square die and cut the batting with the six inch square die. Very nice not having to snip the blocks. I got the 2 inch strip cut die set at Joann's and it was marked down to $30. I use it to cut strips from all my scraps to make scrappy quilts and log cabin blocks. If you register your machine at Accuquilt you get emails with "daily deals" and I've purchased additional dies that are up to 75% off. I just finished a rag quilt for my daughter and just cut six inch blocks for a snowball quilt. It was well worth the money for me.

Also check with your local quilt shop. My LQS has the studio and the dies and you can take your material there and use their dies to cut your fabric. They charge a very minimal fee (like $5 for an hour...you can cut up a lot of material in an hour!).

Hugs!
Debbie