Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Thank you for your kind reply. I do not know if they were yours in particular. I just looked over all blocks when I layed them out and it appears more people used this method. I think I am catching what you are saying. So, yes, they need sewing but you normally do it while quilting. OK I will decide before I start a project if I will sew down the edges before piecing or during quilting.Often I avoid the applique during quilting so I will most likely do it before. Thanks for letting me know that it needs to be done. Very helpful response!I love all the blocks and hope to post some pictures of all the blocks soon. I did not realize how many I traded in this swap till I got all the blocks back. I'd have enough for a small lap quilt. LOL Special thanks to our wonderful swap host. Rachel you are amazing and thank you for envisioning and carrying out this swap and its magical forest theme. I really liked this swap and getting to know everyone better through it too. Hope to "see" all of you in some of the other swaps.

Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
If they were one's from me, you can sew them down. I made them with sewable fusible but didn't sew them so if anyone wanted the quilting to show the outline it wouldn't have double stitching (Doest that make sense to anyone but me lol). I'm still new to applique but the few I have done the quilting was also what held the applique in place. Is it supposed to be seperate?

Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.