Old 06-10-2012, 09:01 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

So glad you can enjoy the pieces, Dubd. Love what you are doing with the pieces. Cannot see any gain of space in the quilt room yet...seems life has me on the fast track elsewhere these days. Had to finish picking peas this morning; and that song of eating goober peas was running through my empty head as I shelled them. Cooking them with fresh new potatoes and creaming the combo.

Always have to laugh about Texas slogan, "Don't mess with Texas."; my brother always remarked, "Who would want too??" Made the Texas Reporter Cookbook recipe of Buffalo Chips Cookies (definitely shows the Texan sense of humor) last Wednesday and took them up to the Lake where our friends were staying...along with Baked Beans, BarBque Chicken legs, cold pasta salad and rhubarb-strawberry crunch. They want the same thing catered in to them next year...and adopt me into their "family".

The cookies take a pound of butter, 3 different packages of chips, corn flakes, and coconut flakes to create the cow patty and make a ton of cookies. Yep, they are finger lickin' good.