View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

I am actively shopping but still undecided. I am looking at a Handi Quilter Fusion prostitch (computerized). (24 inch throat opening on 12 foot frame)It appears one of the more affordable long arms with a computer. I have been quilting for about ten years. I do some very large quilts (10x10 foot) on my Janome 6500. I feel I can't handle it and do not enjoy it. I feel physical limited not having a longarm. I like another brand better but when I add their computer option it is way out of reach $ wise. Also I live right next door to a Handi Quilter dealer while I live out of state for the other option. I do think I will feel obligated to do quilts for others if I buy such expensive machine. I also hope that some of my children might use it to earn some money and that has been one of the motivators to look for a machine with a computer.

Here is a picture of the last big Calking quilt118x118 in. I finnished. Now it is washed and you look from further away it looks nice but the quilting is so so. The only good part about finnishing the quilting on this one is getting done. It is just too much to spray baste and quilt. The long arm would also help with the basting and binding of the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 632-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 06-10-2012 at 10:38 AM.