Old 06-10-2012, 11:11 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
OK, I need some encouragement. My little National/Montgomery Wards machine needs a case or a little extention table. I went down to the garage ( nice and cool down there) to start on making one or the other. I opened up the cabinet to take the measurements and it occurred to me.....if I take the cabinet apart, a lot of the work of making the extention table is done. I would just have to put the two table top pieces together, finish the edges or maybe cut it down a bit, add little legs and there you are.

My hesitancy is in destroying the cabinet. But, I'm not keeping the cabinet, and G-d knows, the world is covered in discarded sewing machine cabinets. I was planning on ditching the cabinet, anyway. So, please egg me on. Or tell me me I'm an idiot. Laura
I needed a treadle top so we took the legs off a cabinet and part of the frame - then we rigged it and it works just fine. I'm sure you will figure something out or you already have. I saved a bunch of cabinet lids and hardware when we had to leave some tables to be burned from the hoarders stuff. We kept the best ones of the lot. I'm short on treadle tables but I have some irons so we may do it again. Have you been to any antique malls lately? They are doing that kind of thing all the time. I say don't sweat it.

Last edited by miriam; 06-10-2012 at 11:30 AM.