View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Daylesewblessed

Follow-up to the estate sale --

It is 102 this afternoon, and that garage was sweltering.

The sale was everything I dreamed it would be! My friend had spotted what looked like a FW card table in one picture. She was right! Well, it could be a 301 table. I will look closely tonight or tomorrow when it is cooler in the garage. There is a lot of dust on the table. The cut-out piece is present, and believe it or not, so is the original big Singer box that it all came in from the factory.

I picked up another 301, but don't know if it works or not. The hand wheel turns, and the bobbin case is present. Checking that out will also have to wait for another day.

I also got several boxes of vintage Singer attachments and several old manuals.

Someone else got to the sheds in the back before I did. I was so afraid that someone would take the table and the 301 even with the "sold" signs on them. I wouldn't let them out of my sight, so I paid for them and got them in the car before coming back in. Anyway, by the time I made it to the sheds, someone had two big boxes filled with attachments in boxes out in the shade. Too late on those.

It was a fun time, prices were cheap, and the crowd was genial, although the heat was terrible.

Dayle