Old 06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
There was a lady at Ray White's class had a rig to put any treadle machine on the repair table. She had a hand crank mounted to the right height - all she had to do was adjust the height and she could hand crank the machine she was working on at the time. It is an old knife sharpening rig. It has a clamp on the bottom - she shims it to height of the machine's spoked wheel. Then she made an L shaped thing to go in where you turn and it turns the spoked wheel - the L shaped thing is out of wood - a piece of wood with a peg - the peg is what goes in the spoke of the wheel. Do you get some picture?
Kind of, Miriam....I think I could draw it out by your description. We plan to make one large beveled hole in the top of this, and then put each treadle head on it's own "key" beveled plate that will fit into the hole. I am going to try a stretchy cord for a treadle belt. I ordered one, and when it arrived it turned out to be not stretchy enough. So, I have to look for something else...any suggestions? Anyway, we are working this project out one step at a time. Anyone with suggestions, they are welcomed!