Old 06-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Bennett

Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
I'm a newbie, so go easy on me. I've always wanted a treadle machine and have always talked myself out of buying one...until this weekend. For $5 I bought a Minnehaha machine, pretty good condition, dirty, but seems to be all in one piece, all moving parts. The man at the sale said I could use the cabinet as a table with a new top...but...I want to use the machine! He didn't know what to say about that. I can't find any info about this kind of machine. Has anyone heard of the Minnehaha brand and what do I do now? Best way to clean, recondition, oil, etc. I'm so glad I found you! Barb
Welcome Barb! I've had the old sewing machine bug for about a year now, and everyone here has been very helpful. There is a lot of info out there that people have shared, lots to read up on! If the machine is in pretty good shape, I'd start with Muv's tutorials on cleaning. The cleaning tutorials are pinned on the main page of the Vintage Sewing Machine section. You might also look for videos on YouTube about treadle machines. That's pretty much how I learned to treadle!