View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 PM
tngal22

Default The confusing world of thread...

Ok, so I have only used Clark and Coats since I started in November. I am wanting to try the higher quality thread but am confused on what to get. I am looking at the Gutermann, which seems to be a good thread but what about Aurfil (sp?). Can I used it on my Janome DC2011? Can it be used for piecing as well as quilting? Do I need a certain weight for different projects? 100% cotton only, covered polyester?, what does it all mean. lol

I was going to order some Gutterman from MSCO but got nervous about it. Would their 100% Mercerized Cotton thread work on my Janome? It states it is for hand and machine quilting.

The C&C is leaving a lot of lint on my machine and being that it is fairly new (to me), I want to keep it clean and use the best if I can afford it.

I know everyone has their difference preferance and that every machine is different...and I have done a search and read some posts. I just want to know if I can use the Gutermann on my machine and if I can use for everything or is it just for quilting.

Thanks!