View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Jean in Ohio13452

Originally Posted by txstitcher View Post
DH and I are going to convert our garage into a "bonus room" that we can share. We like being in the same room with another as we tinker (me with quilting, him with computers).

I'd love to see your pics of rooms! I'm needing lots of ideas especially since DH will be sharing the space. Not sure how to "do the layout" and decor.

Thanks so much!
Depending on Size of Garage.... take in to consideration, Tables that can be Folded and Put away in a closet. Tables that you can be moved easily away from the walls, tables or work center, storage for machines not in use, area for notions, nice Storage for Fabric with plenty of shelves or bins or tubs.
Lighting is important... I like natural light near windows.... flooring that can be easily cleaned, dust mopped or Vacuumed, plenty of outlets or another Circuit/fuse box may be necessary for every thing that will be plugged in,,, I agree with several other posts that you need to make a list of every thing you are going to need as well as hubby's list too... Can't wait to see pictures....