Old 06-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Naturalmama

Oh you guys - thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to post all these great ideas! Normally I would love planning all this, but I am so overloaded (and besides cleaning, cooking, working, swim practice for ds, errands, I have to pack to leave for a week right after all this) so this helps tremendously!!!
I was thinking of having Italian sausage and chicken on the grill, but that was a good idea to cook ahead of time and put in the crock pot.... if we have time. Pulled pork sounds good too though. Will have to see if we can get some on sale tonight - that would be easier. I can still do some sausage easy enough, but chicken always seems to get dry, so pork would be a good idea. I'm making him a cake so I don't need to worry about dessert (just getting the cake done! lol!) I totally forgot about chips and dip (duh - see how bad I am!) There will only be about 20 or so here, so not too bad. I feel a little bit of pressure though - I've built up a reputation for serving really good food (it's not me - it's just the good recipes!) and I'm just feeling so blank - so if you were all here you'd be getting hugs!