Old 06-12-2012, 10:18 AM
grammatjr

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
This is very inspirational and lovely and so wonderfully done. I am afraid to ask.... Did something happen to their handsome boys that they would need to pray for them?
LOL - so many people have asked that! No, nothing happened. It is just that they are in Bible College, out of state. And the family is really struggling right now - they just lost their home, after hubby lost his job 3 years ago. So, it is a real struggle to do anything to help the boys at college, and they miss them terrribly. And of course, they really want their boys to do outstanding in their Christian ministries. So, they pray for them.

I showed it to my sister last night (since they had lost their home, I am hanging on to it for them). I know she is going through alot right now, but she barely glanced at it, and her hubby didn't say a word. I know they are not quilt people, but I was really disappointed in the reaction - or lack thereof.

I have started trying to estimate the stitches, and have so far come up with about 18,000 stitches for the background only. That does not include the 4 people or the border. My sister just said "glad you like to do that kind of thing". I poured my heart and tears into every stitch! It is only the second time I have done this sort of thing.

We had a good evening of family fellowship other than this, so I know it is not necessarily that they are numb from their circumstances right now. We were laughing and discussing all kinds of things throughout the evening.

Oh, well. Guess I did it becuase I love her/them - and not for praise. I just wonder if I should not even give it to them? I don't want to force something on them, that they obviously don't appreciate or care for.