View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 AM
probles

Default A USA quilt for my DS

My sister sent me a picture of a quilt that looked like the United States. She asked if I could make one for her. She wanted it as a gift for someone. I thought that should be easy. I will just take a map, enlarge the states and use it as the template. Then I thought maybe someone has already done all the work. I Googled US quilt pattern. Lo and behold, there was one on ETSY. Bought it. Made it. Now it is on its way to my DS house. I had so much fun choosing the fabric for each state. New York was made out of Timeless Treasures bagel fabric. Utah was made from a scrap of fabric that had beehives on it - it is the beehive state. I grew up in Idaho, so I used my absolute fabric fabric - Jacobean Arbor. Texas, you can probably see it has ropes, cowboy hats, etc. All things you would expect to be in Texas. New Mexico has hot chili peppers. California, where I live now, has a batik that is more of a blender with palm leaves running through it. It was so much fun, I think I might make one for me now. One more of my list of to dos.
Attached Thumbnails us-map-resized.jpg