View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Daylesewblessed

More sale update: Purplefiend, an acquaintance of mine bought the treadle on the first day. I didn't see the price, but I did see the machine. It was a Red Eye - 66, nice cosmetic condition. She looked up the serial number, and it was from the 1920's. The slide plate looked like a replacement, so I am thinking the whole machine had probably been reconditioned. The estate sale owner had the talent to do that. The treadle cabinet looked too good to be old. It may have been refinished -- the condition was lovely.

Update on the card table that I bought -- the cutout matches the size of a 311 table, according to the ismacs website.

I went back to the sale the second day, because some of the pages on a Pfaff 230 manual I had bought were missing, and I had noticed loose pages in one of the sheds. Luckily, they were the right ones. There were NO sewing machines left for sale. They said everything left from the first day had been bought up by one person on Monday morning. However, there were cabinets left in the sheds, as well as a bushel basket full of foot controllers.

It was one of the most interesting estate sales I have been too!

Dayle

Last edited by Daylesewblessed; 06-12-2012 at 12:48 PM.