Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
It seemed to work fine without lowering the feed dogs, so I might not mess with it until it bothers me. The knob turns easily; I think the problem might be more in whatever connects the 2. I'm thinking of putting some kind of thin cushion on the hopping foot where it hits the needle clamp to see if that helps the noise.

This poor machine was frozen up tight when I got her. The bed has some kind of marks that look like maybe she was put in a clamp to try to get the main shaft on top to turn. I found some tool marks on that too when I was cleaning her up. Glad they didn't bend it! The motor and wiring looked great, so I think she froze up fairly early in life, probably from 3-in-1 or something similar.
Yes, I know what you mean, I had that happen to one of mine too. The Triflow did the trick.

If it doesn't bother you, then go for it. For me, I like to lower them on the 301 because I feel more in control and that I'm not fighting the movement of the machine. It helps me with the accuracy of my quilting etc. But, there are many ways to skin a cat. :>

If you find a way to quiet the foot, let me know.