Thread: guild meeting
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 04:12 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
I've been thinking about joining a guild but just haven't done it so far. Maybe one day.......
I said that for years after I retired. One day I met a group of ladies at the LQS who were shopping before they went to their guild meeting. I asked them for help in finding fabrics to combine with a focus fabric. They were so friendly and helpful. They invited me to attend their next meeting,. Well, I didn't have the courage to go to the meetings for months, maybe even a year. But one day I saw the notice in the newspaper and decided to go. I arrived early so I wouldn't have to walk into a sea of faces (my worst nightmare). As quilters began to arrive I realized that I knew a lot of these ladies. ...even met two cousins that I had never met before. They asked me where I was from and when I told them, they said that their mother was also from there. When I asked who she was, it was my dad's first cousin. She had made the nicest lap quilt for my mom years ago. I still go to the meetings, but I don't always have the time to do the monthly projects. It's a great time for learning and fellowship with people with the same interests. I encourage you to take the plunge and go to a meeting.