Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 AM
himnherr

Default "Inner Beauty" My Turning Twenty headed for Asia

When the daughter of a friend of mine told us she will be moving to Asia this summer I was shocked, to say the least. She has always seemed to me to be a rather spoiled, self absorbed young woman who was all about glitz & glam. You know, rather "shallow". To see her mature from that to someone who will be putting the needs of others ahead of her own is truly amazing. To send her off (she will have room to take this with her, as her mom says she can carry it on the plane with her), I made her a Turning 20 quilt and named it in Chinese lettering "Inner Beauty", as she has morphed into this beautiful young woman who isn't only beautiful on the outside but beautiful on the inside. I used the "Matsuri" collection from Connecting Threads. It is so soft & delicious looking (in my humble opinion). We get to give it to her this Sunday at her going away party. Because it's going to be very hard on her mom I have made her a mug rug out of the scraps from Chel's quilt and have a cup and tea insert that I bought in China years ago to set on it. They are very sentimental people so I think these gifts are a perfect match! :-)
Attached Thumbnails inner-beauty-001.jpg   inner-beauty-002.jpg