Old 06-13-2012, 05:10 AM
grann of 6

Default Grandma's Folly, a salute to my mother.....

If you are of a "certain age", you will connect with this story. When I was a kid in the 40's &50's, my mother made all my clothes. She was a wonderful seamstress, but everything had to be matchy matchy. In those days you didn't wear blue & green together, dots and stripes, red and pink, etc. As I was putting this quilt together, all I could think of was my mother and how she would not approve of the colors and patterns. Thus the name.

I used a pattern from Green Fairy Quilts called "Strippin' Time". The idea is to use one entire jelly roll to the very last inch. My jelly roll was Moda "Hoopla". It didn't have any good solid colors to make the blocks stand out, so I added Moda Marbles Citrus. Then I just long armed it with squiggles and curliques to add to the fun and sponteneity (sp?) of the quilt. The binding and the strippy backing is what was left of the jelly roll sewn together. Hope you like it. Oh, it is 45"x58".[ATTACH=CONFIG]341760[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]341761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]341762[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1010307-1-.jpg   p1010308-1-.jpg   p1010310-1-.jpg