Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 AM
LynnVT

You are probably asking to plan a project yourself. However, I always find it amusing when a nonquilter sees something I've done and the first they ask is "How long did it take you?" I always want to say "Why do you want to know that?" But of course, one is polite and gives some guess. They could build in a timer on machines, including LAs, so when a project is done, you would have the cumulative amount of time you put in at actual sewing. But as many have said, the time planning, preparing, and living life in between sewing sessions all adds up. Now and then I try to remember how much actual time something takes me, but if I don't write it down, I immediately forget. It's easy to figure if I spend an entire evening, from after dinner, maybe 6:30 or 7, until bedtime, maybe 10 or 11. Same if I spend from lunch to dinner, with time out for a quick tea at about 3. (Do you think food is a factor in my life?LOL) Anyway, I'm interested in all the answers to this thread, so will have to check back later to learn more.