Old 06-13-2012, 10:00 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

Most of the ladies have answered your question about like I would have. Each person sews differently; thinks and plans differently; gathers fabrics differently. I too have tried to estimate what amount of time I have spent on working a quilt up from beginning to end. If I have done the selections, piecing, and quilting myself my estimate would be one workweek 8 to 5 and ready for a Friday Night Out on a regular or queen size quilt. I have a LA, piece with a FW, and cut out all over the house, even though I have my own personal sewing room. I am not including clean-up time.....I have been a professional seamtress in years past, but now spend all my sewing time quilting. My grannie taught me how to quilt during the l950s, and I have taken about three quilting classes at Jo Ann's. I have won several blue ribbons at county fairs, etc. and a few second and third place ribbons. Bragging this morning, huh????? I keep thinking I might tackle something serious and enter it at Paducah. Maybe.....