View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Jenniky

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/1...res-b9891.html

The Square is for the BOM here is a picture of it next to all of the other blocks so far. Im thinking of doing a piano key boarder around each one Not sure of the color I would use but I have six more blocks before I have to decide.

Muv your Thistle looks awesome..and yes very prickly

"
Jenniky!!! Love your sunflowers and completely delighted you have been pleased with the technique! CHUFFED TO BITS!"

What does CHUFFED TO BITS mean I have never heard it as a saying ... LOL

Now while I am trying to figure out exactly what Im going to do with the Patriotic Scrappy on the frame.. I have decided I want to try to make another Patriotic quilt using Muv's applique method.. Im thinking of making nine 16 inch squares each one depicting a Home, Park, Storefront , etc. Celebrating the 4th of July. I will make a larger birdhouse scene Like I did for the BOM also. I am going to start sketching some of my thoughts this evening. I really doubt I will have it completed by the fourth of July however...Im very excited about it. My goal is to have have at least one block made every two weeks. Im going to do be doing some hand work on these squares also..time to sharpen up my embroidery skills and of course I will also be doing some English Paper piecing, Foundation Piecing and whatever other methods I need to use to make it a work of art.

Yellow Bird very patriotic quilt. I think I did see that free design at the Walmart here also.