Old 06-13-2012, 02:51 PM
OzarksGma

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
The stores I go to have two rows of fabrics, one to the ground and one above. I hate bending over or getting on my knees and then crawling along on the floor to see all the fabric. It's ridiculous. So, I don't usually buy from the bottom shelf. Sometimes I will ask the clerk if she will grab something off the bottom shelf for me because I can't do it and they will do it. But what I agree with is when they have all the bolts wedged in too tight. Ohhh...If I can get one out, I'll leave it on the floor with a couple more and then shop thru the rest of the bolts. They always have half empty shelves elsewhere so I don't know why they have to fill up some of the shelves plum full unless they want to keep the fabric line together. It must be frustrating for the owners, too. They probably feel bad seeing us crawling around on the floor and trying to pry a bolt of fabric loose off the shelf. I can see both sides. I wish they had shopping carts at my quilt shops because I usually buy fabric from quite a few bolts and have to haul them up front. It'd be nice to throw them in a cart and keep on shopping. I'd end up spending more money. They could buy those small carts they make now. They make inexpensive ones. They'd need only 2 or 3 in their stores and they'd pay for themselves in a couple of months, I'd think. And I agree about having a stool to sit on while looking on lower shelves. Would be terrific! And sometimes I spend a lot of time looking in the store and my legs get tired.
You would love my store, I provide a walker with a basket in front, you can use it to put bolts on the seat, notions in the basket and wheel it to the cutting table and leave the bolts there. Then, go back and sit in the walker when your legs get tired and look at the fabric closer to the floor, fill the seat up again and you're ready to cut and check out.