View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:06 PM
LindaM49

Could you use it in a wallhanging that won't have to be washed? Sorry I can't help with any other suggestions.

My grandmother lived with my husband and I and our kids for a few years before she moved into a retirement home until her death at age 94. Anyway...she asked me if I would do a small load of wash for her...underwear. So...I had a red flannel nightgown that I wanted to wash...it was a year old and had been washed many times. I added it to her load of clothes. OMG...when I went to put the load into the dryer...all of her whites were pink. I had no clue what to do so I dried them, folded them and gave them to her never mentioning what happened. I guess I thought she was blind and would not notice. lol A few days later I was talking on the phone with my mother and she said...oh by the way I just wanted to tell you that your grandmother didn't appreciate her pink underwear. Mother said that grandma was mad at me but didn't want to say anything to me. My mother said to tell her that I would soak everything in Clorox and see if it would bleach out the red dye. It did work a little bit. That taught me a good lesson on mixing reds with any lighter fabrics.