Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
I walked into a local sew/vac shop today and was enthusiastically invited by the owner to join them on Saturday for a Jelly Roll Race. I have never done one before but I knew exactly who I was going to ask for pointers... y'all!

Help! Any pointers???? I am thinking of taking one of my 301 machines after I time a few of my other machines. Sounds like fun. Everyone seemed like nice quilters in this shop.

Charlee is enabling me to pick up another machine this week. And, she lives several hundred miles from me. If we lived in the same town, I am sure she would have me fill my home up with machines.

PS: Charlee's enabling is easy on my budget though, the machine is only $15.

Melinda, I love your mellow yellow machine!

Candace, really like your little felts! Are you cutting each one out individually?
Let us know how your 301 does in the race. It's a fast machine and you'll have an advantage!

No, I don't cut the spool protectors out one by one, but I do have to do the centers that way. Kind of slow... and I know I'm silly to be so excited about something. But, I spend so much time on my machines, it's like now I get to play dress up with them too.