View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 07:39 AM
ShirlR

Wow, you got a really good deal! It is rare that our thrift shops around here have any sewing machines. IMHO, I believe Goodwill never puts them out, but instead places them on eBay for big bucks; If you do see one there, and it is so very rare, they are all beat up and ready for the junk pile. I felt really lucky to find this one at another type thrift store, so jumped on it. I think everyone should have at least one vintage machine (and more if you have the room, LOL!)

Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
My first vintage (other than my Featherweight as a gift in 1959) was a 401A in a blond cabinet for $30.00, purchased just this past January (I am new to collecting vintage.) Our thrift shops around here have such good prices, the machines are just too great at those prices to pass by. I love the many decorative stitches built into the machine and when you apply that second needle, you get some really interesting designs, especially when you use two differing colored threads. Have not tried quilting on it yet. Interested to hear what others say about that too.