Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM
urgodschild2

I hand quilt and I love all the answers that have been posted. When I made my daughter's wedding ring quilt it took me three weeks and I only worked at nighttime because I was working. Now I am retired. I have all the time in the world and so it doesn't matter how long it takes. Right now I have a queen size quilt that I am handquilting. I worked on it for about a week and have it almost done but I have put it aside as other quilts have caught my eye. Things like BOM.s, doll quilts, medallion quilt (for my niece), just takes two (for my sister) and mystery quilts and so many others. I think I must be ADD as I see designs and want to try them. But some of these I am quilting as I go.....I have never done that before so I guess when I get done, I will be surprised because I will be done. This darn board gives me so many things to join that I just can't say no and so off I go. LOL. But if I set my mind to it I can complete a queen size quilt in two weeks or less. I can sit and listen to books on tapes or watch tv while I work. Multitasking is so much fun. I have made a promise to myself to finish my quilt before summer end because I want it for winter.