View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Jenniky

Great Discussions, I have to tell you Ladies how much I appreciate you. I agree with Dublb that this board is like college. Many times I get very ambitious and I have to remember Im only in my second year of quilting college. The main reason that I am reluctant FMQ is that I need more practice on smaller projects first. Im still not as comfortable with it as I would like to be prior to taking on a large quilt. Hand quilting I am very comfortable with,however I agree with QuiltE and think I would not be happy with the hours spent versus the result and I would like to use this on my bed when the weather turns cold again. I dont think I could have the entire quilt done by then if I hand quilted. I want to study quilting designs more and how others fill in their spaces on quilts, then I would have a better feeling about my decisions on hand quilting such a large project. I think the final deciding factor is my project board. Here is a picture of it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342055[/ATTACH]

I like to multi-task as I have said before. I think that hand quilting such a large project is more like a late third year or early fourth year project. This fall I am hoping to purchase another sewing machine. Heavy duty that I will feel comfortable FMQ with. I've jumped off the fence and made the decision to send the Scrappy Patriotic Quilt to a LAQ person. I've started drawings on my next Patriotic Pictorial Piece. IM Calling it The Three P's for short.. or 3P Quilt. Attaching a picture of the first block in progress. It will be a 16 sq inch Block of a Fire House Decorated for the Fourth of July.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342056[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc01875.jpg   dsc01870.jpg