Old 06-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Pinkwater

I'm getting very excited since packages should arrive in the next two days! I can tell you that the packages do not included the following items as they are readily available at my 3 sp’s locations: macadamia nuts, fancy picture hats, grandchildren, figurines that dance on the dashboard, fried chicken, hay, kings or queens of the castle or Spam.
On a completely different subject (and I hope this doesn’t annoy anyone or break any rules) I read a post from someone who was looking for Harry Potter fabric. When I posted that I had some, people came out of the woodwork asking for some. I packaged it all up in batches and sent it hither and yon to quilters who were using it to make things for kids with special needs. Then yesterday I received another request, but this one really got to me. The woman explained that she sews with a group that makes blankets/quilts for terminally ill children and that they had a little boy who desperately wanted a Harry Potter quilt. I had two ½ yards left that were going to someone’s stash so I set them to her today ( I still need to make my apologies to the other person), but I also suggested that she could find awesome paper pieced block patterns @ http://www.fandominstitches.com/p/hp.html and that perhaps someone in her group could make some of the blocks. She wrote back to say thank you for the fabric and explain that most of them were cross stitchers and there was no one to attempt the blocks so although I’m at best an advanced beginner I told her I would try and make one or two. (I’ve never paper pieced before) I also said I’d ask around and see if anyone I knew would be willing to make a block. So, if any of you are willing please send me a private message or post a reply and I’ll coordinate our efforts so that we don’t end up making the same block. Just so you know, I did look into the organization, the woman and the child to verify that this was on the up and up and it is. Thanks for listening. I know that I’ve only been around the board for a short time but you all seem like you’d be ok with me asking. I apologize if I’ve offended anyone. Thanks. Leslie