Old 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Linda, I second everything Janice said and want to add! Don't worry about thread tails! I am a neatnick when sewing and always cut off my thread tails - don't stop to do that just keep sewing! We had to sew all our seams in a 45 - don't draw lines, just line up the 2 ends and sew them together! It doesn't matter if they are off a little! When you get to the end - grab the other end and start sewing them together! Don't worry about a twist the first seam! You will cut it apart anyway! After the first seam make sure you won't end up with a twist - it is too hard to cut straight with twists as the piece gets wider and wider! Make sure you have an extra wound bobbin - I ran out and had to wind one! I also, ran out of thread as I was at the end of a spool anyway! Go for it!

Nancy
Candace: well, I really like your idea of using different colors on the felts and very glad you are having fun!

Jljack & BoJangles: My focus is more on the fun of it than winning. Winning would be a bonus. Second prize is having your quilt longarmed. Hey, hey, that's not a bad prize.

And, it’s so funny… no one has heard of the quilting board…. How can that be????

I just received my orders of bobbins for my FW and 301 machines so I will be filling those before Saturday and I think packing an extra spool of thread.

Great idea on not going for the neatnik aspect. I can clip threads later (or not). Confession: I don’t draw angles anyway when I am making bindings, I figure I can eyeball it pretty accurately. Did you unroll your jelly roll prior to your race [like at home] to let it flatten out? I sure hope their tables don’t bounce. That bugs me BUT, I won’t let it slow me down.

Oh dear, I will probably be awake all night rehearsing this in my mind when I should be sleeping. What fun though! Thanks for all of your tips. Ya know, California isn't that far away and Saturday isn't for two more days.