View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Good discussion here. Jenniky, how about SID on your machine and then hand quilt the other areas. You get more comfortable on your machine without worrying about ruining your fabulous quilt and everyone gets to see your great hand quilting, too. Seems like a win, win. You also don't have to pay someone to quilt it for you and can say you did the whole thing yourself.

Ooh, would daughter want to learn SID? Or should that be on a smaller project?

Me, I'm still stitching binding. Good thing I got the rest of the quilt done earlier as there is no time for anything now. I still plan to be finished this weekend.
Hi all, back from our 3 day campout with our Camping Group! Great discussions going on here. Jenniky - love your June BOM. I have not even started mine yet!

I agree with works4me. You can do both SID on your machine and hand quilt the other areas. Or like dublb says - draw some simple designs and either hand stitch or free-motion on the lines. I cannot do FMQ squiggly line quilting at all, but found if I have a simple pattern drawn out on the quilt, I can follow that design with my feed dogs down. Just a suggestion!