Old 06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
ZugZug

Default Trouble with 1/4 inch seam - It wants to pull away.

I think I might know what the problem is, however I would like advice/suggestions in case i am wrong.

I have been fighting with trying to get a 1/4" seam. I have even bought the "sewer's Edge" purple guide, I have a 1/4" foot and I have also used painters tape. One of the issues I have with the tape and edge is that I have a top loading bobbin so it is really a pain to have to reposition everything (along with the fact that there is a slight wiggle on the bobbin cover) when I change the bobbin---so any helpful tips on that irritation would also be appreciated.

Anyways --- the real problem/reason for this post....I can not seem to get a good 1/4" seam. What happens is that just as it goes under the foot it begins to pull towards the outside, therefore giving me less than 1/4" seam (and not in a good way like a Scant 1/4"--its much more). I am not a speed demon, however I am having to slow extremely slow just to try and keep this "pulling/sliding" from happening. I was wondering if it is because I need to support my fabric better in front/beside/ and behind the sewing arm?