View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:53 PM
yaldahma

Originally Posted by quiltingsavta View Post
My nephew went to a Jewish day school for junior high. Part of the teachings in the school was to prepare the students for their upcoming Bar/Bat Mitzvah's. Every year the parents are asked to participate in a "parent gift project". Every student is invited to each of the Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and it can get quite expensive. My nephew's class had 22 kids. So the parents agree that one gift will be given to each of the students, that way they don't have to bring individual gifts to each function. This year, my sister asked me if I would want to make a wall hanging for each of the students (yup, I got paid for them). Here are a few for girls and boys. Hope you like them. I designed them each myself, most of them have two embroidered designs and two applique designs. I had so much fun making them. I have completed 20 of them so far. As much as I have enjoyed making them, I'm glad the project is almost over. It's been over a year since I have started making them. I just have my nephews to make and one girl who will have her Bat Mitzvah this summer in Israel. The designs have their English name, Hebrew name, English date of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah and the Hebrew date.
Those designs are really nice... Embroidered are more beautiful. Well done. If you want many more bat mitzvah gift ideas then go for Yaldah magazine which is the complete hamper of gifts for little Jewish girls.