View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 AM
grann of 6

Okay, here goes, I didn't read ALL the comments, so I may be duplicating some previous posts. I have a Diamond that I purchased a little over a year ago. My dealer just told me last week that they are $8995 here in PA. The difference between the Diamond and the Deluxe are in the package that comes with it. The Deluxe has some extra software that isn't included in the "Plain" Diamond. I got mine as a floor model. Before I bought it, they had sent it in for a thorough cleaning and checkup, also came with an extended warranty worth over $400 that I didn't have to pay for. I got my machine for $6000. I absolutely love it. I keep it set up for embroidery all the time and use my Topaz 30 for everyday sewing. I also have a Designer I and a Designer SE. I will never get rid of any of them. I keep one set up with a walking foot, and the other with white thread or whatever I will be needing. I am sure owners of other machines (Pfaff for example, or Brother) feel the same way when they get a particular machine, that they could never part with them. I like that all my machines take the same feet so I don't have to keep feet separated by machine. I have arthritis in my hands and wrists, so the needle threader and thread cutter are important to me.