Thread: Kansas Winter
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 05:34 AM
BeckyL

Originally Posted by fxsts93kf View Post
I really love your quilt, it's beautiful! I especially like the second border, the one that looks like bricks, but I'm wondering what the black is around that border. I can't tell in the picture on my computer but I like how it looks. It also looks like you surrounded the complete center with black. Is it just my computer?
I put a flange of black around all three of those areas. I cut the strip 1 inch wide, folded it in half and sewed it in along with the border so that only a 1/4 inch is still showing. I really think it makes each area stand out. I plan to back the quilt with the same material and use it for the binding as well. How sharp eyed you are to notice it.

This is a queen sized quilt. I don't think it is any harder to arrange than a table runner or lap quilt. I seem to naturally go toward the larger quilts for some reason. It is harder to quilt on a domestic machine than a smaller item, but I am not very good at FMQ and usually wind up sending mine out to a longarmer unless it is very basic stitch-in-the-ditch or linear designs.