View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 AM
mopec

Originally Posted by js3830 View Post
The only difference between the Diamond and the Deluxe is the decals. It was not worth trading my Diamond in on it. I know a very honest dealer. I traded in my 1999 Designer I and they gave me $1800 and I still payed around $7400. They were running 36 months same as cash which helped. I love the Diamond but I also just saw the Babylock Ellismo about a year ago and it would have made me have to think real hard if it would have been around in 2008. I had the Designer Pro software that worked with the Diamond. I waited until they had the 4D software on sale just before Christmas when I got it. Again the dealer called me and let me know that is was going to be the best deal. If I would have bought it all togeather it would cost almost $10,000. All of this was with tax. I hope this helped. Sandy
The Diamond is no long manufactured. The Diamond Deluxe replaced it. The major difference between the Diamond and the Diamond Deluxe is that the Deluxe has thread portioning. The Diamond had an update that brought it up to par with the Deluxe except for the thread portioning system, which of course could not be updated. There may be a few small differences, but that is the major one. I have had the Diamond for three and one half years. I love it, but at this time because Viking gave us an update (which updates are free, I might add), I couldn't justify the difference to trade just for the thread portioning (which I think would be great). I think you could expect to pay between $8500 to $10000, depending on your dealer, packages, and specials that Viking might be offering at the time. 5D Embroidery software is the newest software, which I love.