Old 06-15-2012, 07:04 AM
GailG

I was a child of that era -- born in '40, teen in the 50's. I know exactly what you mean. Only problem with me was: I loved those no-no combinations! I had a favorite skirt which was chartreuse (I think it's now called lime green). Well, I wore a pair of red shoes with it and something red pinned onto my blouse or a red neckerchief (remember those?) My dear best friend was a matchy-matchy person and would call me down on my mismatched outfit. I also loved turquoise (my favorite color of all times) combined with "fuchia" (a red violet -- much of which we see in fabrics and decor today). I liked certain pinks with certain reds. AND I like brown and black together. I realize I must have been considered such a weirdo. When I studied art in college, we worked with combining colors. My professor would always mention my "flare" {{{{snicker,, snicker}}}} for colors. I never knew if she was poking fun or speaking truthfully. Of course I didn't care either way. I'm glad that some of those fifties color combos are back, but the seventies designs can go. (My own opinion of course D

Last edited by GailG; 06-15-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spellings