Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post

Great idea on not going for the neatnik aspect. I can clip threads later (or not). Confession: I don’t draw angles anyway when I am making bindings, I figure I can eyeball it pretty accurately. Did you unroll your jelly roll prior to your race [like at home] to let it flatten out? I sure hope their tables don’t bounce. That bugs me BUT, I won’t let it slow me down.

Oh dear, I will probably be awake all night rehearsing this in my mind when I should be sleeping. What fun though! Thanks for all of your tips. Ya know, California isn't that far away and Saturday isn't for two more days.

No we didn't even get to open our Jelly Roll until the timer went off! We then had to open, straighten, and sort colors - you don't want to sew two strips together that are the same, but after you get into the quilt top you may end up with two colors side by side - don't worry about it - just keep going - but, don't sew the first very very long strip with two connecting colors that match! Geeze, I wish I had known what I was doing when I started my race! I was working on a FW and - NO they are not as fast as a 301 or 15 or something else! I would have wound an extra bobbin, had a spool of thread with lots of thread still on it - and NOT cut tails! I don't remember tables bouncing, we all had our own table- but, I remember it seemed like a sweat shop - just zoom, buzz, zoom, zoom, buzz buzz, we were working!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 06-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.