View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Canada Kate

Default General's Wives - Quilted

Here are the final pictures of my General's Wives quilt. I posted the top when it was complete here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/generals-wives-completed-top-t185892.html Now I've had it long-armed and in exchange, I gave the quilter my second child (couldn't bear to part with the first one...I know mothers are not supposed to have favourites, but they don't read this board, so it's OK. ). Actually, it wasn't that bad. This is king-sized, and she charged me $275 to quilt it. It's not even in the same league as something Charisma would do, but since Charisma lives in a different country than me, I'll never have the opportunity for her to do one of mine. The feathers on this are so much better than I could ever do (I took a course in FMQ in March. Disaster. I've decided that I will never be able to learn it. I don't have enough patience to practice for ten thousand hours to get proficient at it. And I'm OK with that, SITD is just fine!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342221[/ATTACH]
My ex-husband and my daughter are holding it up. Originally my ex was standing proudly beside it on the left hand side - as if he had anything to do with it! I told him that I didn't want him in the picture and he seemed a little crestfallen and wondered when I was going to make him a quilt. Maybe someday, when I run out of other people to make them for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342222[/ATTACH]

Note the quilt inspector (My Sheltie, Jack) in the lower right hand corner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342223[/ATTACH]

Quilting detail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342224[/ATTACH]
More quilting detail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342225[/ATTACH]

Detail of the back. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails p6150001.jpg   p6150003.jpg   p6150004.jpg   p6150005.jpg   p6150006.jpg