Old 06-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Woah..... !!! Oh my - I didn't check the board for only day and a half and look at all those posts! WOW
guess we are getting close to end of our break week - a perfect time to catch up or start I actually am completely caught up as of Wednesday nite - saw the new ortho surgeon yesterday and will have knee surgery as soon as the insurance auth come through and the hospital and doc's schedules allow... phew!! he took one look and said yep surgery it is!

dknit welcome welcome!!! YAY another member
don't worry about this being the first quilt you have ever done. There is lots of advice out there [here] you will find everyone real helpful. Also - feel free to PM me whenever and I will even give you my phone # if you want to 'talk'
I seem to remember giving someone else who started a little later a list of easier blocks to begin with - but can't remember the post number. If you go to the very first post you will see our schedule. If you print it out you will notice I have 3 different colors. The green ones are the easiest and I would advise you start with those - I think we are somewhere around week 18?? dont have schedule in front of me - but start with the green ones of those weeks. The red are the hardest. Most here will agree that the 'wonky' way of doing A1, C7 and A11 are the hardest so far. If this is your first ever quilt, I would hold off on attempting these - we would like to keep you around to finish!

Some here refer to thatquilt.com for instructions, others to dear jane software or the book. I tend to check it all out but rely mostly on my own interpretations of the photos. Tyme posted a different way of doing A1 that is closer to the original on post #229 which Gladys also did on post#795. I posted a different approach to A11 which avoids y-seams on post #523 [although I did make the block with y-seams myself]. here are some other post #s I have kept track of:

B11 on #804 B9 on #752 and 804 C2 on #1041-1043 C4 1044 C5 on #1014 and C8 on #1045

I will try to post the last pics I have not yet posted. I actually did not find C7 that difficult. I enlarged the book sketch on my copier to 108% which brings it closer to the original.

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 06-15-2012 at 12:25 PM.