Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

trying to catch up with pictures... here are RS1, TR5 and TR2 I added a little herringbone of color to the top to make it more like Janes - to accomplish this I actually simply sewed straight strips together rather than paper piecing. Sorry didnt take pictures to demonstrate, but try to picture this.... I copied the sketch in the book on tracing paper to judge the slant of the line as I drafted the block [I should add that I did use PP method to construct the very bottom triangle section.] I started the first stripe at the same place as the book sketch so that the stripe would meet the corner. My second and third background sections finished 3/4" wide - so I cut a strip measuring 1 1/4".... the stripes all finish 3/8" wide - so I cut a long strip that was 7/8" wide ....... actually I cut my background 1 1/2" and stripe 1" and sewed long strip together. After this I trimmed it to 5/8" on the stripe and 1" on the background. If you cut strips a little wider and trim down after the first seam and then press, it is a little more forgiving of error. The third background section up from the bottom stripe, I trimmed to 3/4" which allowed me to add the fourth stripe and an additional background triangle before adding the sides. I cut the sides 1 1/2" and then trimmed it down when all sewn together.[ATTACH=CONFIG]342245[/ATTACH]For TR2, I redrafted the top portion to make it look more like Jane's and it resembles a tree! The drafted triangle in the book, software, and thatquilt.com is straight, Jane's is pointed, so I also continued the slant in the top section, which I sewed by hand - the remainder was sewn by machine.