View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by joycet View Post
Your quilt is gorgeous!!! I love my 301. In fact I loved it so much I bought another one. The "new" one is in a cabinet. The other is portable. You mentioned quilting it on a short arm machine. What kind do you have? I have a Viking set up and really don't care for it. Maybe because I haven't used it so much???

I have a BabyLock Quilters Choice Professional on a New Joy frame. It's OK, because I can certainly quilt my own quilts. However, because the BabyLock only has a 9-1/2" harp, my quilting space for most quilts is only 4-1/2" to 5-1/2" depending on the size of the quilt. I just finished a smallish quilt that I was able to use a 5-1/2" pattern on, but larger quilts like the red one I have to stick to a 5" pattern because of the bulk of the quilt on the roller as I get toward the end. It's kind of frustrating, because I would love to be able to do whole block motifs, but I can't. I do a lot of pantographs because of this rather than custom or heirloom type quilting. But it's OK until I can afford something else in the future.