Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342249[/ATTACH]I didnt remember I had already posted D1 and C11 but this is the first posting of C13 - you will note I added blue corners.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342252[/ATTACH]Here are my D2, D4 and D5.
I used EPP to construct the center of D2 and completed the entire outside triangles, to include the small print triangle near the center in the background strip, by machine. I made templates for the 4 parts that make up each of these sections and carefully sewed the 1/4" seams.

My corner "melons" on D4 are more elongated to match Janes - they go all the way to the seam line rather than end 1/4" from it - it is also completely constructed by hand.

The outer border is a little wider on my D-5 also more like Janes. The way I constructed this was to make the inner square first, just a little smaller - center square finishes 2 1/2"[cut 3"] and outer border finishes a scant 3/8" [cut 7/8"] For the outer print triangles, I cut 2 - 2 1/2" squares in half diagonally and added a 1 1/2" strip of background. This gave me four triangles edged in the background fabric which I attached to the four sides of my center as a unit. I constructed the block by hand.