Old 06-15-2012, 01:16 PM
CathieB

Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
I remember those color rules also, I also remember pondering the fact that nature did not follow those rules and had great success in creating beauty. I could not for the life of me understand why blue and green could not go together. I also remember when my mother showed me a cover of, I think, Life magazine with models wearing blue and green together saying see now we can wear blue and green together. I looked at the blue bachelor buttons in the garden and snorted, I was ever tactful as a child. I also remember when our health class teacher who also doubled as the boys PE teacher told me in class that stripes, my blouse, and tweed, my skirt, did not go together. I also remember my trip to the principals office for replying " since when were you elected fashion director of Newport Oregon?" As I said ever tactful and demure. I felt vindicated a month later when he and the girls PE teacher ran off together, both were married to other people...it was a big scandal. I just laughed when I heard,and said, "I knew he had bad taste" As I said tactful and sweetly forgiving.....I will bet where ever they are today one of them is wearing stripes and plaids in blue and green. Here you need to know I am laughing still but in a sweet, demure, tactful manner.
Love your story and your sense of humor!!!