View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:17 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

sorry but i do have to disagree with you- i've been using my paypal account for almost 10 years---and have found it to be the safest way to conduct alot of business transactions- and i have dealt with customer service a couple times- they are very knowledgable and fix things right away when there is any issue- i had an auto place run my card 3 times for a transaction once---they said it didn't go through the first 2 times- when i checked my paypal accout there were in fact 3 payments---i called them right away and within minutes they had fixed it- cancelled 2 of the transactions and reimbersed my account- they have been more than helpful, friendly and acknowledable...my mom who is in her 70's has been using her paypal account for a number of years to pay all of her bills- she no longer deals with checks at all- pays everything though her paypal- and has also never had any kind of problem- or dissatisfaction with customer service- when she did have a problem is was something she did- and they still fixed it right away- it only took a few minutes on the phone.

Originally Posted by parrynj View Post
Paypal is not safe! Someone hacked into my account (I was not phished) and was busy buying on ebay with money from my checking account. Somehow they were able to bypass any confirmation emails to me whenever they were in my account even though paypal said my email was the only one registered to my account. Frankly, I suspect that it was a paypal employee who was stealing from my account. The creep added four names and four addresses to my account without me ever knowing. I discovered the fraudulent charge when I was looking at my checking account balance on-line and reported it to paypal. They did next to nothing to help, it was my bank that took care of everything. They refunded my money immediately with no questions asked. Paypal's customer service was horrendous and I ended up canceling my account with them. Will never use it again!