Old 06-15-2012, 06:49 PM
ashspu

Default hole in batting

Originally Posted by rrhaigh View Post
My Ddog came in my sewing room and was so excited to see me that she jumped up to greet me (whiche we are training them NOT to do). She missed me and jumped on the batting floating on the long arm where I was quilting away. It ripped a huge jagged hole in the batting. I was in the middle of quilting a king size quilt. They have always enjoyed laying in my sewing room while I sew or quilt, but I have never had an issue with them until now. So, now what do I do with the batting already loaded on the quilt and on my long arm? The hole is about 12" around and jagged/stretched.
That just happened to me the other day. We have a puppy and if my batting is hanging on the floor while I am using my longarm he rips holes in it. At first I thought I would have to some how baste a section of batting in the hole. Then I thought I would use spray basting on the new section which is larger than the hole and when I rolled the quilt up after that section was quilted it seemed to work well. I hope you are able to fix it.