View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
Awhile back someone posted a link to a webpage where there was a page you could print out so you could number your quilt blocks for assembly.

I think it was A1, A2,.. or 1A, 1B...
Then it went to second row...

Hopefully someone bookmarked it... I have tried search area but can't locate it and need to get the blocks off the guest bed.

Thanks.
I don't know about the site you are looking for, but I use the colored dots like you would use for price dots at a garage sale, and pin them onto each block, I just purchase a pkg. and there are different colors in the pkg. and one pkg will work for several quilts.. I mark them as R1B1, for row 1 block 1, R2B1 and continue in that order, either going vertically or horizontally. This really works well for me and I use this on all of my quilts. it doesn't take as much time as using a grid. But when I do a Log Cabin, I use a grid and pin a swatch of the fabric for each strip in the block of the grid, then I can keep my colors in the right order I also take a picture of my layout and keep it on my digital camera or computer, and can erase it later. If I need to take it with me to the guild and don't want to take a camera, I just print out a pic. of what I plan to use.Taking a pic. is an excellent way for me to decide if I like the layout or color scheme or not. It is really surprising what you can see through the camera lens that you can't see with the eye. This is my method, it may not work for everyone, but it is cheap and quick.